- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 C unsalted 'We Are Nuts' mixed nuts; walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts and almonds
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix spices and set aside.
- Heat the nuts in a dry skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to toast (about 4 minutes). Add butter and cook, stirring, until nuts begin to darken (about 1 minute). Add the spices, sugar, 1 Tablespoon water, salt and cook until sauce thickens and nuts are glazed (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and spread to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, separating with a fork. Let stand until cooled and sugar has hardened (about 10 minutes) Store in an airtight container. Serves 16.