- 1 C softened margarine
- 1 C vegetable oil
- 1 C white sugar
- 1 C confectioners’ sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 C all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 C chopped 'We Are Nuts' pecans
- ½ C white sugar for decoration
- Set oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees F)
- Cream together margarine, vegetable oil, 1 C white sugar and confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then add vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Stir into creamed mixture. Mix in pecans. Put mixture in refrigerator for ½ hour to make rolling the dough easier. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, roll each ball in the remaining white sugar. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet (Parchment paper is helpful).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are golden. Cool on wore racks.