- 2 C coarsely chopped 'We Are Nuts' pecans
- 1 C butter, softened
- 2/3 C firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 C cornstarch
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 oz package of semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake pecans in a single layer shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes, stirring half way through. Cool completely (15 minutes).
- Beat butter until creamy. Stir together brown sugar and cornstarch; gradually add to butter, beating at low speed until well blended. Stir together flour and salt; gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Add vanilla and 1 C pecans, beating a low speed just until blended.
- Turn dough out onto lightly greased baking sheet; pat dough into an 11 X 14 inch rectangle, leaving at least 1 inch border on all sides of baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet to a wire rack, sprinkle shortbread with chocolate morsels.
- Let stand 5 minutes; gently spread melted morsels over shortbread. Sprinkle with remaining 1 C pecans, and let cool completely. Cut or break into 2 to 3 inch pieces.